FIND OUT IF YOU HAVE A BAD ELECTRICAL WIRING WITH THESE WARNING SIGNS

0
264

Electrical malfunctioning has caused over 50,000 preventable fire outbreaks in homes, and these effects are mostly linked to loose or damaged wiring.To ensure your safety from electric fire, you have to watch out for the signs of an electrical problem in your home and if you identify any, contact Electric Works London to get professional help.

The following signs helps you to detect bad electrical wiring in your building; there are:

  1. Problems With The Electric Outlet

Electrical outlet issues are signs of future problem in the electrical system. If your outlet is loose, it will cause your wiring to be loose,and this can be a potential fire hazard. It is also one of the causes of electric shocks.

It is common for electric appliances to be warm when in use. However, this should not be the case for your outlet; it should always be cool at all times when touched. If you notice your outlet is becoming warm, this is a sign of fire hazard, stop using it; call a certified electrician as soon as you can to check your wiring.

  • Dated Electrical Products

It is dangerous to buy a dated electrical product. These products can be hazardous to your electric outlet or circuit as a whole.  We advise that you purchase the electronic products with a seal of safety from Underwriter’s Laboratory (UL).

If your house is old, we advise you to update the wiring as older houses are wired with aluminium wires. It is very dangerous as a home with aluminium wiring is 55 times more probable to have a fire outbreak.

  • Strange Smells Or Odour
READ  How Mobile Shelving Reduces Your Storage Footprint

Outlets are designed to be noiseless; if you notice your outlet is making noise, stop using it and call a professional electrician to check it out to prevent further electrical issues that could affect the safety of the household member. Smells of melting or burning plastic are usually signs of fire. They mean your wiring is producing too much heat,and it is melting its surrounding plastic.

  • Power Surges

There are several causes of power surge, but one of the many causes of power surge is bad or faulty wiring. Power surge occurs when there is is an interrupted flow of electricity through the grid or when an appliance puts back voltage into the system instead of drawing it out. One of the signs of a power surge is when the lights start to flicker. Power surge even at minor level is damaging to electrical fixtures and appliances. If you notice this, then you might need to consider an electrician for rewiring houses in London.

  • Rodent Droppings

Rodents like rats and squirrelsare known for chewing electric wires. If you see some rodent dropping in your house, it is time to examine your wires to ensure they are still intact. Damaged and exposed wires a potential fire hazards. They cause power surges and affect your appliance and fixtures terribly.

  • Frequent Blown Fuses or Tripped Breakers

Circuit breakers and fuses are designed to fail as a way to prevent overloading. If an appliance routinely trips a breaker regardless of where you plug it in, and using a single outlet causes you to blow the same fuse repeatedly, the circuit is probably overloaded. Call in a certified electrician to discuss upgrading the circuit or adding a new line.

READ  How to Choose the Right Company for Spill Mats?

How Do You Know The Wiring In Your Home Is Bad?

Restoring a home after an electric fire incident can be very expensive. Even after spending so much, you may never be able to restore all the photographs and memories you lost. Have you noticed any of the above-stated signs in your house, or are you thinking “who can rewire my house?” Do not risk your home or your life, rewiring is a good choice, contact our emergency electrician in London today and get a professional and quality electrical service.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here