Launching Plesk on OVHcloud is a straightforward process that can be accomplished in a few key steps. Here is a description of the process:
- First, you need to access your OVHcloud account and navigate to the OVHcloud control panel. Log in using your credentials.
- Once you are logged in, go to the "Cloud" section from the top menu and select "Servers" from the dropdown menu.
- In the servers section, click on the "Order a server" button to proceed with launching a new server.
- Choose the server that suits your requirements and budget. OVHcloud provides various server configurations to choose from.
- Select the location for your server deployment, depending on your preference and geographical needs.
- Customize the server options, such as the operating system, storage capacity, and other configuration settings.
- Proceed through the ordering process, providing the necessary information and confirming your choices.
- Once your server is provisioned, go back to the "Servers" section of the control panel and locate your newly created server.
- Click on the server name to access its settings and details.
- In the server details page, you will find an option to install the Plesk control panel. Click on it to begin the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to configure Plesk on your server. You may need to enter some basic information, such as the preferred username and password for Plesk.
- After the installation is complete, you can access Plesk by either using the IP address or domain name associated with your server.
- Log in to Plesk using the username and password you set during installation.
- You are now ready to start managing your websites and other hosting resources using the Plesk control panel.
By following these steps, you can successfully launch Plesk on your OVHcloud server and begin utilizing its powerful features for website and server management.
How to update Plesk to the latest version on OVHcloud?
To update Plesk to the latest version on OVHcloud, follow these steps:
- Log in to your OVHcloud account and navigate to the "Dashboard" section.
- Click on the "Servers" tab and select the server where Plesk is installed.
- In the server overview, click on the "Control Panel" drop-down menu and select "Plesk."
- Once logged in to Plesk, go to the "Updates and Upgrades" section. This is usually located under "Server Management" or "Tools & Settings."
- In the Updates and Upgrades page, click on the "Install/Upgrade" button.
- Plesk will now check for the latest updates and display them. Click on the "Continue" button to proceed.
- Review the selected components and make sure that everything you need is included in the update. Click on the "Continue" button once again.
- Read and accept the installation and upgrade agreement, and then click on the "Continue" button.
- Plesk will now start the installation process. This may take some time, depending on the size of the update and your server's resources.
- Once the update is complete, Plesk will notify you with a message. Click on the "OK" button to finish the process.
- Verify that the update was successful by checking the Plesk version, usually located in the top right corner of the Plesk interface.
It is important to note that before updating Plesk, you should always create a backup of your server and databases to ensure you have a recovery point in case of any issues during the update process.
How to enable remote access to the Plesk database on OVHcloud?
To enable remote access to the Plesk database on OVHcloud, you need to follow these steps:
- Log in to your Plesk Control Panel and go to the "Databases" tab.
- Locate the database you want to enable remote access for and click on its name.
- Click on the "Remote Access" tab.
- Check the box next to "Allow remote connections from any host."
- If you only want to allow connections from specific IP addresses, you can specify them by clicking on the "Add Network" button and entering the IP address and subnet mask.
- Click on the "OK" button to save the changes.
Now, remote access to the Plesk database should be enabled. You can connect to the database using the provided hostname or IP address, along with the database username and password.
What is Plesk Watchdog and how to configure it on OVHcloud?
Plesk Watchdog is a monitoring and early warning system that helps to ensure the stability and security of your server. It constantly monitors system services and sends alerts if any of them stop working or consuming too much resources.
To configure Plesk Watchdog on OVHcloud, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your OVHcloud account and go to the Control Panel.
- Navigate to the "Dedicated" or "VPS" section, depending on your server type.
- Select your server from the list.
- In the server management panel, click on "Monitoring" under the "Advanced" section.
- On the Monitoring page, click on "Add a monitor".
- Choose "Plesk Watchdog" from the list of available checks.
- Configure the monitoring settings according to your preference. You can choose the threshold limits for each service, set notification preferences, and define the recipient email address for alerts.
- Save the configuration.
Once configured, Plesk Watchdog will start monitoring the specified services on your server. If any service crosses the defined threshold limits, you will receive an alert via email. You can then investigate and take necessary actions to resolve the issue.
Note: Plesk Watchdog comes pre-configured with certain default settings, but it's recommended to review and customize them based on your specific server requirements.
How to enable/disable automatic updates for Plesk on OVHcloud?
To enable or disable automatic updates for Plesk on OVHcloud, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Plesk control panel as the administrator.
- In the sidebar, click on "Setting" under the "Server Management" section.
- Click on the "Update Settings" tab.
- Under the "Product updates" section, you will find the option to enable or disable automatic updates. To enable automatic updates, select the "Automatically install updates" checkbox. To disable automatic updates, uncheck the "Automatically install updates" checkbox.
- Click on the "Apply" button to save the changes.
Note: It is recommended to keep automatic updates enabled to ensure that your Plesk installation is up to date with the latest security patches and features. However, you can choose to disable automatic updates if you prefer manual control over the update process.
How to install Plesk on OVHcloud?
To install Plesk on OVHcloud, follow these steps:
- Log in to your OVHcloud account.
- Go to the OVHcloud website and navigate to the "Marketplace" section.
- In the search box, type "Plesk" and press Enter.
- Locate the Plesk product and click on it to select it.
- Choose the version of Plesk that you want to install and click on the "Order" button.
- Review your order and click on the "Start Plesk installation" button.
- Select the domain name where you want to install Plesk and click on the "Next" button.
- Choose the installation location for Plesk and select the server characteristics.
- Review the summary and click on the "Order now" button.
- Once the installation is complete, you will receive an email with the details of your Plesk installation, including the login credentials.
It is important to note that these steps may vary depending on the specific version and settings of your OVHcloud account. It is recommended to consult the OVHcloud documentation or contact their support team for more specific instructions based on your account configuration.