CyberPanel is an open-source control panel used for managing websites and web servers. Vultr is a cloud hosting platform. This tutorial explains how to set up and run CyberPanel on a Vultr cloud server.
To start, sign in to your Vultr account and create a new cloud server instance. Choose a server location, an operating system, and an appropriate server size according to your requirements.
After the server is successfully created, obtain the server's IP address and log in via SSH using a client like PuTTY.
Once logged in, begin by updating the server's packages using the package manager. For example, on CentOS, you can use the command:
sudo yum update
Next, install CyberPanel by using the installation script. The script automatically installs all necessary packages and dependencies. Run the command:
sh <(curl https://cyberpanel.net/install.sh || wget -O - https://cyberpanel.net/install.sh)
The installation script prompts you for some basic information, such as the desired CyberPanel version and an email address for obtaining Let's Encrypt SSL certificates.
Once the installation is complete, access the CyberPanel control panel by opening a web browser and navigating to
YOUR_SERVER_IP with your cloud server's IP address.
You will be prompted to set an admin password for CyberPanel. Once done, log in with the admin username (default is
admin) and the chosen password.
After logging in, you can configure your websites, domains, DNS records, email accounts, and other settings using the CyberPanel dashboard.
That's it! You have successfully installed and set up CyberPanel on a Vultr cloud server. Enjoy managing your websites and web servers with this user-friendly control panel.
How to configure email accounts in CyberPanel on Vultr?
To configure email accounts in CyberPanel on Vultr, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to your CyberPanel as an admin user.
- Click on the "Email" option from the side menu.
- Click on "Create Email" to add a new email account.
- Enter the email address you want to create, along with the password and the desired quota (if applicable).
- Click on "Create Email" to complete the process.
Once the email account is created, you can access it using an email client or webmail. To access the email account using an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird, you need to configure the client with the following details:
Incoming Mail Server (IMAP/POP3):
- Server: your server's IP address or domain name
- Port: 993 for IMAP (with SSL), 995 for POP3 (with SSL)
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP):
- Server: your server's IP address or domain name
- Port: 465 for SMTP (with SSL/TLS)
Username: your email address Password: the password you set during the email account creation
Once you have entered the necessary details and completed the configuration, you should be able to send and receive emails using the configured email account.
Note: Make sure your server's firewall allows incoming/outgoing connections on the necessary ports for email communication.
How to uninstall CyberPanel from a Vultr instance?
To uninstall CyberPanel from a Vultr instance, you can follow these steps:
- SSH into your Vultr instance using an SSH client like PuTTY (Windows) or Terminal (macOS/Linux).
- Once you are connected to your instance, navigate to the CyberPanel directory by running the following command: cd /usr/local/CyberCP
- Stop the CyberPanel service by running the following command: systemctl stop lscpd
- Uninstall CyberPanel by running the uninstaller script: sh uninstall.sh
- Confirm the uninstallation by typing "YES" when prompted.
- Wait for the uninstallation process to complete.
- Once the process is finished, you can remove the remaining CyberPanel files by running the following command: rm -rf /usr/local/CyberCP
- Restart your instance to ensure that all CyberPanel components are no longer active: reboot
After following these steps, CyberPanel should be completely uninstalled from your Vultr instance.
How to monitor server resources in CyberPanel on Vultr?
To monitor server resources in CyberPanel on Vultr, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to your Vultr account and navigate to the Servers section.
- Click on the server running CyberPanel to access the server management page.
- In the left sidebar, under the Manage Server section, click on the Console option to open a console window for the server.
- Enter your server credentials to log in to the console.
- Once you have access to the server command line, you can use various commands to monitor server resources.
Here are a few commands you can use:
- To check CPU usage, use the top command. It displays real-time statistics about the CPU, memory, and process usage. Press q to exit the top command.
- To check memory usage, use the free -m command. It displays information about available and used memory in megabytes.
- To check disk usage, use the df -h command. It shows the disk space usage of all mounted file systems in human-readable format.
- To monitor network bandwidth, you can use tools like iftop, nload, or nethogs. These tools provide real-time monitoring of network traffic.
You can also use external monitoring tools like Netdata or Munin to get more detailed and graphical insights into your server's resources. These tools require additional installation and configuration outside of CyberPanel.
Remember to regularly check the server resource usage to ensure optimal performance and avoid any issues related to resource exhaustion.
How to install WordPress using CyberPanel on Vultr?
To install WordPress using CyberPanel on Vultr, follow the steps below:
- Create a Vultr account and log in.
- Click on the "Servers" tab on the top menu and then click on the "Deploy New Server" button.
- Choose a server location, instance type, and operating system. For the operating system, select CentOS 7 x64.
- Choose a server size based on your requirements and click on the "Deploy" button.
- Once the server is deployed, note down the server IP address, username, and password.
- Open a terminal on your local machine or use a SSH client like PuTTY to connect to your Vultr server.
- Enter the server IP address, username, and password to connect.
- Once connected, run the following command to update the system packages: sudo yum update -y
- Next, run the following command to install CyberPanel: sh <(curl https://cyberpanel.net/install.sh || wget -qO - https://cyberpanel.net/install.sh)
- During the installation, you will be prompted to enter your desired username and password for the CyberPanel admin panel. Enter the details and complete the installation process.
- Once the installation is complete, access the CyberPanel admin panel by opening a web browser and entering the following URL: http://:8090/
- Log in using the username and password you provided during installation.
- In the CyberPanel admin panel, click on the "Websites" tab on the left sidebar.
- Click on the "Create Website" button and enter the necessary details like website domain name, username, password, etc. Choose the option to install WordPress.
- Click on the "Create Website" button to start the installation process.
- Wait for the installation to complete, and then you will see the WordPress installation details, including the WordPress admin panel URL, username, and password.
- Access the WordPress admin panel using the provided URL and log in using the username and password.
That's it! You have successfully installed WordPress using CyberPanel on Vultr. You can now customize your WordPress site and start adding content.
What is the purpose of CyberPanel DNS Cluster on Vultr?
The purpose of a CyberPanel DNS Cluster on Vultr is to provide a scalable and high-performance DNS (Domain Name System) infrastructure for your websites or applications. DNS is responsible for translating domain names into IP addresses, which allows users to reach websites by typing in easy-to-remember domain names instead of complicated IP addresses.
With a CyberPanel DNS Cluster on Vultr, you can distribute your DNS infrastructure across multiple servers in different geographic locations. This provides redundancy and improves performance by ensuring that DNS requests are served from the nearest server to the user's location, reducing latency.
Vultr is a cloud infrastructure provider that offers a wide range of virtual private servers (VPS) around the world. By using Vultr, you can easily set up a scalable and reliable DNS infrastructure using CyberPanel, a control panel that simplifies the management of web hosting services.
Overall, the purpose of a CyberPanel DNS Cluster on Vultr is to enhance the performance, availability, and reliability of your DNS infrastructure, allowing your websites or applications to be easily accessible to users around the world.